Holiday China Tour  
Tour Guide >>  China Pre-Departure Info >>  Visas, Embassies and Regulations >> Tibet Entry Permit
Budget Tibet Tours
4 Days Lhasa Bus Tour
5-Day Typical Lhasa Tour
6-day Tibet Budget Tour
7 Days Tibet Bus Tour
8 Days Tibet Bus Tour
Tibet Travel Guide
Tibet Transportation
Tibet Gonggar Airport
Dinning in Tibet
Tibet Weather and Climate
History of Tibet
Tibet Facts

Tibet Entry Permit

According to Chinese official regulations, you cannot travel to Tibet independently .You must book a tour package to Tibet through a tour company. A special travel permit is required to enter Tibet, in addition to a valid China visa. Holiday China Tour has designed several flexible and affordable packages, please contact us for further details.

Beside a valid passport with a valid Chinese visa, a Travel Entry Permit or TTB Permit is required for entering into Tibet legally. If you want to visit the unopened areas, you need another permit - Aliens Travel Permit or PSB Permit. You can get all these permits very easily from us.

Entry Permit
This permit is issued by the Tibet Tourism Bureau (TTB), so also called TTB Permit. It is required while booking the flights and trains to Lhasa and checking in at the airports. Groups traveling by land cruisers also need this permit.

There are two pages for the permit: one is the approval letter from the Tibet Tourism Bureau with an unique number and anti-fales label at the top right and another one is the group name list with the group memebers basic data. Both pages are stamped by the Bureau. Usually we'll help you prepare the permit application one month ahead of your travel time.

PSB Permit / Aliens' Travel Permit
When travel to areas officially closed (such as Gyantse, Sakya, Mt. Everest, Samye, the Yarlung Valley, etc.), an Aliens' Travel Permit issued by the Public Security Bureau (PSB) is required.

Other Permits
In addition, a military permit and a foreign-affairs permit are required for traveling to sensitive border areas like Mt. Kaillash and the eastern Tibet.

As a local travel agency based in China for more than ten years, we can get all these Tibet permits for you very easily. The only thing you need to do is to scan a copy of your passport and Chinese visa, and provide following information:

Full Name;
Date of Birth;
Passport Number

Note: Diplomats, journalists and government officials shall travel to Tibet under the arrangement of the Foreign Affairs Office of the Tibet Government, instead of a travel agency.,
Author/Editor By : HCT